Posts tagged ‘World Toilet Organization’
Organised by: World Toilet Organization (WTO)
In 2001, the WTO declared its founding day, 19 November, as World Toilet Day. Since then, 19 November has been observed globally by its member organisations. In 2010, WTO recorded nearly 40 events in 17 countries on its World Toilet Day web page.
Web site: worldtoilet.org/WTD/
The 10th World Toilet Summit (WTS) will focus on the innovative designs, trends, and sustainable, market-based sanitation solutions and the huge profits businesses can realize while at the same time helping to eradicate the global sanitation crisis.
Held for the first time outside Asia, the WTS is making its American debut in conjunction with the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) Convention and Engineered Plumbing Exposition.
Organised by: World Toilet Organization and International Code Council
- Innovations in Global Toilet Design & Applications
- Bottom of the Pyramid and Micro Financing Market
- Green Plumbing Applications
- Advocacy & Potty Parity
- Code Standards and Policies
- Cleaning and Personal Care Services & Supplies Market
For more information go the WTS web site.
World Toilet Day was established on 19 November 2001 by the World Toilet Organization. Celebrated annually, it seeks to increase awareness of the importance of toilet sanitation and each individual’s right to a safe and hygienic sanitary environment.
This year, Unilever’s Domestos will be the inaugural sponsor of World Toilet Day.
To help raise awareness for the 2.5 billion people who don’t have access to sanitation, thousands of people are going to squat for one minute. All over the world, in malls, in offices, on city streets – everywhere you turn, people will be squatting. And we want you to take part! The Big Squat is just one of many World Toilet Day events.
PumpAid’s in the UK has launched GAS, the Give a Sh*t Campaign, which includes the S*it Song, sung by Lark.
Organised by: World Toilet Organization and MP Asia
World Toilet Summit & Expo (WTSE 2009) will focus on ‘Creating the Blueprint for a Sustainable Sanitation Marketplace’. The three-day Summit will uncover urban and rural perspectives on:
- Creating demand at the bottom-of-the-pyramid (BOP) market
- Designing, engineering and manufacturing of sanitation solutions
- Training and capacity development to ensure sustainability
- Scaling up of sustainable sanitation solutions through social financing mechanisms
The accompanying Expo will showcase sustainable sanitation solutions and urban toilet designs and technology.
Summit presentation topics include:
- World Sanitation Financing Facility (Jon Lane, WSSCC)
- Future of Sanitation (Dr Bindeshwar Pathak, Sulabh International)
- Strategic Partnerships in Upstreaming of Sanitation Programs (Sunoor Verma, Procube International)
- Communication for Sanitation Development (WSSCC)
- Sanitation Marketing
- Sustainable Sanitation Alliance
- Standards & Policies (International Code Council, ICC)
- School Sanitation
- Design Workshop – Design & Technology for Built Environment and Developing Cities
Panel Discussion: A dialogue on the future of sanitation finance (World Toilet Organization)
- Financing Sanitation (led by Asian Development Bank)
- Social Entrepreneurship : A Sanitation Economy
- Real Corporate Citizenship
For more information and to register go to the WTSE 2009 web site