Posts tagged ‘Soroptimist International of Europe’
19th European Congress of Soroptimist International of Europe: ‘Soroptimists go for Water’, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 10-12 July 2009
Soroptimist International of Europe (SI/E) is one of four federations of Soroptimist International (SI), a worldwide network of women in management and professions, committed to providing assistance and service at local, national and international levels.
SI/E has chosen ‘water’ as its theme during the period 2007–2011 (see the “Soroptimists go for Water” web site). During the conference, successful SI/E-sponsored projects in Africa and Europe will be discussed.
- Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation: a Human Right or a Need?
– Prof. Joyeeta Gupta and Dr. Rhodante Ahlers, Delft University of Technology and UNESCO/IHE Institute for Water Education, Prof. Ellen Hey, Erasmus University, and Dr. Kiki Bröhlmann, University of Amsterdam.
- Gender Equity and Empowerment of Women
– Dr. Christine Sijbesma, IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre, and Joke Muylwijk, Gender and Water Alliance (GWA)
- Functional Networking
– Women for Water Partnership
- Sanitation projects in Africa
– AMREF/Flying Doctors
- Water, Sanitation, Health and Hygiene
– Saskia Geling, Simavi
- Economic Development and Microfinance
– Frederik Claasen, advisor Micro Water Facility of Wash Secretariat, NWP Netherlands Water Partnership, Kajetan Hetzer, SNS Reaal Waterfonds, Fon Koemans
- Ecological Sanitation in Eastern Central Europe
– Sacha Garbizon and Margriet Samwel, WECF Women in Europe for a Common Future, Dipl.-Ing. Claudia Wendland, Hamburg University of Technology, Institute of Wastewater Management and Water Protection.
- Rainwater Harvesting
– Sasja Kamil , Cordaid
Prior to the congress, on 09 July, Women for Water Partnership, Soroptimists go for Water and Aqua for All, are organising a matchmaking event where grassroot women organisations will present eight water and sanitation projects.