Posts tagged ‘public-private partnerships’
Focusing on the infrastructure sectors of energy, transport, telecoms & water.
Organised by: AME Trade LTD
Sponsored by: African Development Bank
Session Six, 02 December, will be on:
Developing sustainable PPP structures in water & sanitation infrastrucuture
- Implementation of sector reforms: where can we see progress?
- Accessing market base financing/infrastructure bonds: Uganda/Cameroon experience
- Irrigation investments: is the design, build, lease model the best way of risk sharing? Looking at Egypt’s recent experience.
- Eng. Mohamed Tarek – Project Manager Water Sector, PPP unit, Egypt
- Senior Representative, NWSC, Uganda
- Senior Representative, CDE, Cameroon
Conference web site: www.africappp.com
Water Utilities and Law: Current Trends and Developments, Dundee, Scotland, UK, 03-04 September 2009
Organised by: UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science – University of Dundee
The conference will explore water services from a legal point of view, generating a new source of knowledge. It will address the role of law in promoting appropriate policies, structural design, and regulatory solutions for the sector.
Target group: academics involved in the study of legal issues surrounding water services; practitioners from water utilities, international organizations, consultants, and regulators; and legal practitioners.
- Legal implications of governance,
- Competition law in water services,
- National Courts Trends,
- Regulation of publicly-owned water utilities,
- Foreign Investment in Water Services,
- Public-private partnerships,
- Institutional and regulatory structures and
- Transplanting legal institutions to solve water problems.