Posts tagged ‘decentralised wastewater treatment’
This International Water Association (IWA) specialised event is hosted and organised by the Venice Water Authority in collaboration with the School of Chemical Engineering for Wastewater Treatment and Renewable Resources.
It combines 3 conferences:
- 10th Specialized Conference on Small Water and Wastewater Treatment Systems (SWWS)
- 4th Specialized Conference on Decentralized Water and Wastewater International Network (DEWSIN)
- 3th Specialized Conference on Resources Oriented Sanitation (EcoSan)
Paper submission deadline: 15 December 2010
Conference web site: www.wastewater-venice-2011.com
Decentralized Waste Water Treatment Solutions in Developing Countries, Surabaya, Indonesia, 23-25 March 2010
Organised by: International Water Association (IWA) and Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association (BORDA)
The conference aims to bring together top wastewater and sanitation experts, governments, utilities and international agencies to share and discuss their expertise, knowledge and experiences on decentralized wastewater treatment solutions. The Conference will consist of a single track with presentations. There will be an exhibition taking place alongside the Conference.
- Technical decentralized sanitation options
- treatment, sludge disposal, reuse, city-wide approaches
- Community-based sanitation options
- community selection, health & hygiene education, gender, community action planning, community management, O&M services, multi-stakeholder approaches
- Management options
- financing models, regulatory frameworks, marketing, contractual arrangements, controls, efficiency indicators, capacity development for mainstreaming
- Upscale and integration of decentralized systems
The call for abstracts closed on 01 Nov 2009.
Registration opens on 01 Jan 2010