Posts tagged ‘Danida’
This dialogue will present the experiences of the Danida supported DWA-COGTA-SALGA Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) programme. The South African Department of Water Affairs and Forestry (DWAF), with the assistance of the Royal Danish Government (Danida), initiated the programme in 2000 to pilot IWRM approaches in three water management areas of South Africa. Almost eighty projects have been implemented. In the majority of cases projects have been identified, designed and implemented by the communities themselves as contracting parties.
- To showcase how communities can be empowered to engage in service delivery to improve livelihoods and
- community wellbeing
- To develop a policy dialogue around these issues in line with current government policies and thinking on
- poverty alleviation and rural development with water as the catalyst
- Lateral thinking, especially in relation to cooperative governance
- Procurement issues, contracting of communities, technical call down facility
Download the full announcement and registration form from www.iwrm.co.za
Organised by: Water and Sanitation group of Technical Advisory Services (TAS), Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark, in collaboration with the MFA Competence Centre (UMKC) and the Embassy Of Denmark, Lusaka.
The purpose of the seminar is to improve and consolidate the quality of Danish assistance to the water and sanitation sector and to facilitate a coherent vision across embassies and country programmes on what constitutes good development assistance to the water and sanitation sector.
- Sanitation and hygiene: presentation and discussion based of the draft TAS discussion paper “Reaching the MDG Target on Sanitation in Africa – A Call for Realism” and related issues notes on “Hygiene behaviour change”, “Financing models”, “Political commitment”, and “Monitoring progress”.
- IWRM: providing an input to the planned TAS best practice paper on support to IWRM.
- Implementing the Accra Agenda of Agenda in the Water and Sanitation Sector, focussing on TA in capacity development as sector programme support becomes more aligned with national systems.
- Zambia day: problems in Zambia and southern Africa such as SADC/Zambezi and Zambia’s approach to water supply in peri-urban areas.
Target group: embassy staff responsible for water and sanitation sector support and Danida advisors; advisors funded through other donors; staff from other donors.
Contact: Sune Gerts Larsen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jens Fugl, email@example.com