Posts tagged ‘AMCOW’
Organised by: AMCOW Sanitation Task Force
Hosted by: Rwandan government
Read the first announcement
The conference objectives are to:
- present and exchange knowledge on strategies to overcome key bottlenecks to implementing large scale sanitation and hygiene programs
- strengthen the evidence base for scaling up sanitation and hygiene programs in Africa
- kickstart the 5 year drive to get Africa back on track to meet the sanitation MDG and achieve sustainable universal coverage
The preliminary programme includes two types of learning opportunities:
- Thematic learning exchange which draws from key experiences and studies to address critical issues – these sessions are designed by the conference organisers.
- Seminars hosted by agencies or groups of agencies, showcasing their latest thinking and findings – these sessions are designed by the agency in consultation with the conference organizers.
The Second African Conference on Sanitation and Hygiene – AfricaSan+5 – took place in Durban, South Africa from February 18–21, 2008. It produced the eThekwini Declaration, which included “firm resolutions to place sanitation and hygiene at the top of the development agenda in Africa”.
Organised by: African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW)
Theme: Africa’s Water and Sanitation Challenges and Opportunities to implement the Africa Water Vision and the MDGs.
Registration fee: € 100
To contact the organisers and for more information go to the AMCOW web site
Organised by: African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) and the South Africa Department of Water and Environmental Affairs
Held in conjunction with the 7th regular Session of AMCOW, during which South Africa will assume the Chairmanship of AMCOW.
Main theme: “Carrying forward the commitments of Sharm El Sheik on Water and Sanitation: Sprint to the finish”
- Financing water and sanitation infrastructure;
- Closing the sanitation gap;
- Mitigating the impact of climate change;
- Managing Africa’s trans-boundary waters;
- Fast-tracking water services.
About 1,000 delegates from the African continent will attend the 5 day event, which will also include:
Side event: SuSanA special seminar “Organizational co-learning for up scaling sustainable sanitation in Sub-Sahara Africa“, 08 Nov 2009
Contact: Mr. Mohale Mopai, tel no. 012 336 8741, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org