Posts tagged ‘Africa’
Networking Event in the Field of Water Management and Sanitation for Europe – Africa – EECA, Vienna, Austria, 16–17 September 2009
Organised by: Austrian Research Promotion Agency
The aim of the two-day event is to initiate competitive research project proposals in the field of water management, sanitation and sludge treatment for the upcoming calls of the EU Framework Programme for Research (FP7) in the field of Environment. Following the joint Africa-EU strategy (2007) the European Union launches a cross thematic ‘Africa call’ with 63 million Euros available for funding.
The organisers expect 100 high potential researchers from Europe, Africa and EECA, who will
- meet potential collaboration partners on water issues
- get background information about the upcoming Call on Environment
- learn about Best Practices of EU funded projects
The programme includes roundtables on:
1. Examples of successful research projects of research cooperation with Third countries in the field of water
- ROSA – Resource-Oriented Sanitation concepts for peri-urban areas in Africa
2. International Networks for water research
- IWA – International Water Association
- SuSanA – Sustainable Sanitation Alliance
- EcoSanRes Programme, Stockholm Environment Institute, Sweden
- ASKNet – The African Sanitation Knowledge Network
- WssTP – Water supply and sanitation Technology Platform
- EUWI Africa – EU Water Initiative, Africa Working Group
Participation is free of charge, the conference language is English.
For African researchers a limited co-funding for flight tickets and lodging will be available (subject to special funding criteria – please contact Ms. Andrea Hoffmann: email@example.com).
Registration deadline: 03 Sept 2009